“When you think about silence, what image comes to mind?”
Want to participate in our PhotoVoice campaign?
- To create authentic discussion of the issues surrounding noise pollution and its effect on people and wildlife in vulnerable, underserved communities.
- To increase understanding of the experiences with and impact of noise pollution for the participating communities and science.
- To gather community perspectives and understanding to inform a co-created app and national community science project.
join the PhotoVoice research:
- Read the ‘PhotoVoice Protocols’ document.
- Sign the release form found at the end of the ‘PhotoVoice Protocols’ document, take a picture of it, and send it to Karen at email@example.com or Marilú at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Think about the question: When you think about silence, what comes to mind?
- Go out into your community and answer the question visually by taking 1-5 pictures. Add a caption to each picture and upload it to Box HERE, or send it to Karen or Marilú.
- There are no right ways of doing this. It is deeply personal. You answer the question in the way that is right for YOU! You do not need to be a photographer or answer the question literally.
- If you are taking pictures of people, please read the ‘Script for Introducing the Project to a Person you Want to Photograph.’
- It’s important that you ask people being photographed to fill out a ‘Noise Pollution PhotoVoice Release.’
- Be thoughtful and ethical about taking pictures. Ensure and respect people’s privacy and don’t put them or yourself in danger!
Question 1: When our community thinks of silence, these are the images that come to their minds